Easter is almost here!
If you’ve been having the ‘where are we going to spend Easter?‘ conversation, the answer is Calabar. Why Calabar? Because the Calabar International Jazz Festival is back.
This year’s edition, hosted by Beat FM‘s Fade Ogunro, will feature concerts with amazing performances. Hold on to your hats because Multi-Platinum R&B singer, Keyshia Cole will for the first time be at the event. Also Asa, Bez, Darey, Micasa Music, Liquideep, Hugh Masekela and many others will be live on stage.
Here are 9 great reasons why you should attend the 2014 Calabar International Jazz Festival;
1. The 2014 edition presents yet another unforgettable experience with an amazing lineup of artistes and engaging daytime fun for all the family.
2. Over 4 days, some of your favourite artists like Asa, Darey, Bez, Jimmy Dludlu, Liquideep, Yinka Davies, Hugh Masekela will be performing and partying with you at the after-party.
3. Keyshia Cole will be in Nigeria for the first time and she will be live at the event performing her hit tracks like ‘Heaven Sent‘, ‘I Changed My Mind‘ and more.
4. There will be exhibitions for painting and sculpture and a photo competition. Terra Kulture will also be curating an art exhibition in the foyer of the concert avenue. Music Meets Photography contest will also give guests the chance to get their pictures taken by budding creative photographers.
5. You can try great Calabar cuisines like Edikang-Ikong, Afia Efere soup, Editan soup, Ekpang Nkukwo and a host of exotic delicacies.
6. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of Calabar. You can stay at a lake-side hotel, take walks in the park, tour anciant Creek Town and bask in the serene destination.
7. As the first place that Europeans made their presence felt, Calabar contains a host of ‘firsts’, including schools, churches and the site of the first organised football match that you can tour and enjoy the rich culture.
8. Enjoy the VIP after-parties where you can mingle with the artists in a relaxed environment, meet new friends and network with future business associates.
9. You may not believe it but a paper in the UK Journal of Advanced Nursing states that listening to Jazz, classical or your favourite melodies can relieve chronic pain and migraines, reduce blood pressure, increase energy etc; so wouldn’t you rather spend the holidays boosting your life?
Don’t take our word for it, be there.
To get great travel packages, please visit www.leadwaytours.com
Date: Friday 18th – Monday 21st April 2014
Standard: N15,00 | Premium: N20,000 | VIP: 25,000
Ticket Details: Tickets are available at www.jumia.com.
For more information you can visit www.calabarjazzfestival.com | Find them on Facebook:www.facebook.com/calabarjazzfestival | Follow them on Twitter: @calabarjazzfest | Follow them on Instagram: @calabarjazzfestival